Skateboarding is a sport loved by many young people around the world. Skateboards are increasingly diverse and rich with many different types and models.
Today, skateboards are not only used for skateboarding but also for decoration around the house. You are free to choose how you hang your skateboard. So, do you know how to hang your board horizontally? Skateboard Cast!
Method to hang a skateboard horizontally
To hang a board horizontally, you can use a stand or ropes
Nowadays, hanging skateboards horizontally is growing in popularity. It’s easier to do than you think. There are two most effective ways we have selected for you.
Using the stand
You need to prepare two racks to hold the skateboard horizontally. We will guide you step by step in detail.
- Step 1: First, you need to attach the bolts to the two holes in the back of the plywood. On the front of the plywood, you thread the washers into each bolt. Then use screws to secure them. Remember to tighten the screws with a 7mm wrench to secure the bracket. Continue tightening two more screws to secure the bolts to the plywood.
- Step 2: Next, you need to draw two dots on the wall to attach two plywood sheets to it. The distance between the two dots will be equal to the distance between the holes on your skateboard deck. Use a screwdriver to screw the bolt into the wall to attach the two plywood panels to the correct position of the two dots.
- Step 3: Before hanging the board on the rack, you must remove the wheel of the skateboard with a screwdriver and wrench. Once the wheels are removed, simply attach your skateboard to the pins above the two plywood panels.
You can attach your skateboard to the pins above the two plywood panels after removing the wheel of the skateboard
- Step 4: Adjust the skis so they don’t tilt. Then re-tighten the screws again so that the skateboard doesn’t slip off the bracket.
- Step 5: Finally, you have successfully hung your skateboard on the wall. Step back a little to enjoy it.
If you don’t want to hang with a stand, you can use a rope to hang the skateboard horizontally. You are wrong if you think that hanging with a rope will not be aesthetically pleasing. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: You need to prepare a piece of rope about 25 inches. The yarn must be strong, durable, and not broken over time. Do not choose a rope that is too big. We recommend that you choose a rope with a diameter of 1/4 inch as the most appropriate.
You need to prepare pliers, scissors, rope, and screws to hang the center of the skateboard
- Step 2: Tie a knot at one end of the string, then use a lighter to light it for a few seconds. This is to prevent thread fraying. Continue doing the same on the other end of the line.
- Step 3: Use a pencil and ruler to mark where you want to hang the skateboard on the wall. You need to mark 2 equal horizontal lines. The distance between these two lines is 14 inches.
- Step 4: Use a screwdriver to screw the screws into the points you marked on the wall. Then use the original wire to connect them.
Push the screws through the buttons and screw them into the wall with a screwdriver
- Step 5: Now you can hang the skateboard horizontally by connecting ropes to the holes of the skateboard. Finally, adjust the plank for balance and stability.
Some tips when hanging the skateboard horizontally on the wall
- You can get injured and bleed if you know how to use tools like screwdrivers, scissors, and pliers. Therefore, use it carefully. You can also ask someone for help.
- Be careful when using lighters. You may accidentally cause a fire. You should even be prepared to take precautions to deal with a fire.
How to clean the skateboard?
Cleaning skateboards is always one of the most effective solutions to increase the lifespan of skateboards. Like other means of transportation, after a period of time, it will wear out and affect the quality of the vehicle.
Therefore, if we handle and maintain the board carefully, we protect the board and protect our own safety.
Proper cleaning of skateboards is both the right method and the right time. Normally, depending on the density of the board, we should clean it every 2 to 3 months.
If the frequency of using the board is high, we should clean the board regularly. When the board meets water, open the board to handle it immediately if you don’t want to leave serious consequences for your beloved board.
First, use the board dismantling tool to clean the detailed parts of the board. To clean grip tape, you can buy yourself a cleaner specifically for skateboard sanding. If you don’t have one, you can replace it with tools you can find at home.
Next, you need to find a sturdy brush, a dry cotton rag, and a dryer. Dip the brush in a bit of water, scrubbing each part of the grip tape quickly. Then take a dry rag to immediately dab to avoid water penetration. Use a hairdryer to dry it completely.
To clean the deck and shaft, use 90-degree alcohol to wipe it clean. When unscrewing the screws, be sure to turn them evenly. When installing, let the screw catch the new thread to rotate. Avoid thread wear that damages the shaft.
You can use a toothbrush with strong bristles to clean the cake. Use 90-degree alcohol and brush to remove stains. Pay attention to the steps of handling bearings.
What is the method to hang your skateboard horizontally? You already have your answer after reading our article. Hopefully, our steps to hang a skateboard horizontally helped you see how. We believe that you will successfully decorate your home with a skateboard.